Join us for our inaugural fun ride on June 15 & 16.
Annual Meeting Fall 2018
Please join the Friends of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail for our Annual Meeting on Thursday October 18th from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM in Hardwick, VT at the Aiken Building located at 101 South Main St.
Enjoy some great appetizers and a beer (or other drink) on us while we gather to celebrate the trail, hear about exciting new events in Hardwick and explore new ways the Friends can support the maintenance and development of the trail.
This meeting is open to the general public and especially those with an interest in the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail.
FLVRT's mission is to support the development, maintenance, and promotion of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail (LVRT) as a scenic year-round multi-use recreation and transportation corridor; and especially to represent the interests of non-motorized trail users.
To accomplish this mission the FLVRT
1. works with communities in the vicinity of the LVRT to promote businesses, activities and amenities that attract locals and visitors alike and thereby contributing to the economic growth of the region;
2. consults with communities on Trailhead development to supply important information and amenities to trail users;
3. supports the development of trail and off-trail amenities that are necessary to the enjoyment of the LVRT and the safety of trail users such as benches, access to businesses, interpretive signage for information, education and enjoyment, etc.
4. promotes the LVRT, its surrounding communities and businesses through its web site, advertising and promotions;
5. organizes and supports Trail Crews to keep the LVRT safe and beautiful during non-snowmobile months (April 15 - December 15);
6. Is aligned with Local Motion and looks forward to working with other trail/recreation organizations to develop the necessary connected infrastructure for the use of non-motorized users for local and long distance non-motorized travel, recreation and commuting. (This initiative will attract organizations and businesses that specialize in non-motorized tours ie, Vermont Bicycle Tours and walking tour companies.)
The FLVRT works closely with VAST and the LVRT Committee for all initiatives and supports the raising of funds for the completion of the LVRT.
The FLVRT is an active participant in the development of the LVRT with representatives on the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail Committee.